Portable wireless speakers are speakers that receive audio signals using radio frequency waves as opposed to using audio cables. The most commonly used wireless technologies for audio transmission in wireless speakers is Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology. Wireless Bluetooth speakers are very common in computers and mobile devices. This explains why wireless speakers and Bluetooth speakers are two terms often used interchangeably.
Portable Wireless Speakers
Wireless speakers are composed of two units: the main speaker unit and a radio frequency transmitter unit. The main speaker unit is comprised of the loudspeaker, an amplifier and a Radio Frequency receiver. The radio frequency transmitter unit is connected to the audio output of devices such as mp3 players, televisions, and computers, usually by the use of an RCA plug. The amplifier boosts the boosts the audio signal to the loudspeaker for better sound. The main speaker unit is generally powered by rechargeable batteries that may last for 4 to just over 20 hours when fully charged. Most rechargeable batteries are not replaceable, and their lifespan is the same as the lifespan of the speakers.
Some Of The Best Selling Wireless Speakers
- HIGHER QUALITY CRYSTAL CLEAR STEREO SOUND - The OontZ Angle 3 (3rd Gen) is Designed and Engineered by Cambridge Sound Works in the USA for greater clarity sound, accurate mids and clear highs from dual precision acoustic stereo drivers; the bass output is enhanced by our proprietary passive bass radiator; unique triangular design and downward facing bass radiator further enhance the sound quality; the Higher Quality Crystal Clear Sound & Features distance it from the competition
- LOUDER VOLUME - Surprisingly loud, the Volume Booster 10+ watt power AMP pumps out more volume and plays your music with no distortion, even at maximum volume; the louder volume makes the OontZ Angle 3 (3rd Gen) Portable Bluetooth Speakers the perfect speaker for any room and the ideal Outdoor Speakers
- INCREDIBLE 100 FOOT BLUETOOTH RANGE - Play the OontZ Angle 3 (3rd Gen) Bluetooth Speakers up to 100 unobstructed feet away from your device; advanced antenna design with Bluetooth 4.2 provides greater wireless range and faster Bluetooth connection; connects easily with the Echo Dot, Echo Dot 3rd Gen, Echo, Echo Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPad, Samsung Galaxy 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Samsung Note, Smartphone, Cellphone, Laptop, computer, Mac, and all other Bluetooth devices
- Capacitive Touch Control: Easy-to-use touch controls allow you to amplify the mood and energy of the party. Change tracks, volume and pair effortlessly with just a simple touch.
- Portable and Versatile: Enjoy high definition stereo sound with impressive volume whether you're lounging, partying, camping, hiking or biking.
- Bluetooth 4.0 Technology: Equipped with advanced technology and compatible with all Bluetooth devices. The speaker also remembers your last device, allowing you to reconnect effortlessly.
- Play it loud with EXTRA BASS sound
- Waterproof, rustproof, dustproof and shockproof IP67 design for worry-free usage
- Power through any playlist with up to 12 hours of battery life
- Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound
- Built-in 3000mAh rechargeable li-ion battery Supports up to 12 hours of playtime
- Ipx7 waterproof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge flip 4 in water
- MUSIC THAT TRAVELS: Small size but mighty in volume to deliver powerful beats wherever you travel
- VIRTUAL HAPPY HOUR: Turn your virtual happy hour party into a dance party with EXTRA BASS, and pair two for even more fun
- PERFECTLY PORTABLE: Use the detachable carry strap to hang, carry, or clip the speaker to your bag
The listener can place the receiver where they want it to be. This gives the listener the freedom to change the position from where the sound is coming from without the need to use cables.
Different wireless speakers have different signal frequency ranges. Many of them have the same signal frequency range as that used by cordless telephones, which is 900 MHz. The radio signal can pass through walls, floors, and ceilings. The speaker, therefore, can be placed in different rooms in the home and still transmit sound. Signals can be transmitted over a range of up to 300 feet with some speakers, but the range varies depending on the brand. Speakers may have variable transmission channels (which are set using a turning knob) meant for overcoming potential RF interference from other wireless devices. Bluetooth speakers use a radio communication frequency so that the devices can be used without them being in the same visual line of sight. Portable wireless speakers have become very popular with consumers.
What to look for when buying a portable speaker
Different wireless speakers are designed for different needs. Stereo speakers can have both Left and Right stereo channels delivered in one speaker. Speakers meant for outdoor use have a tough casing to protect them from weather damage. Home theaters have specialized speakers that have wireless rear speakers and wired front speakers.
Portable wireless speakers have different functionalities. You must define exactly what you want to achieve when buying wireless speakers. What are the essential features according to you? How do you plan on using the speaker? Where will you be using the speaker? Is it at home, living room, at your backyard, or out camping in the woods? Determining how you plan to use you your portable wireless speaker will help you choose the best one for you.
Top features of wireless speakers
Different portable speakers use different kinds of technology to function.
Portable Bluetooth speakers have had significant improvements since their inception. Transmission distances are up to 50 feet, which is quite limited. These type of speakers are installed in many computers and mobile devices, and they do not require an internet connection to transmit. They are easy to use and offer fast connection. Bluetooth speakers are battery efficient. They have good sound quality.
Near Field Communication wireless protocol has minimal connection range. Devices need to be extremely close for transference to happen.
Wi-Fi – Wi-Fi enabled wireless speakers allow very high-resolution audio transmission. They can offer more extended connection range, but since they are internet dependent, they cannot be placed very far from the router. Some wireless speakers are capable of connecting with Amazon’s Alexa or Google assistant.
Portable wireless speakers are available in a variety of sizes. Very small speakers might compromise on sound quality. Your portability needs depend on where you want to use the speakers. If you’re going to carry them at long distances, you will require more portable speakers.
Some wireless speakers have tough covers for weather resistance, while others are water resistant. Your preferences will depend on where you use your speakers. If you want to carry your speakers to your fishing ventures, you might need water-resistant speakers. Some speakers are fully submersible. Fortunately, most manufacturers have made durability a standard feature in portable speakers.
Different brands of wireless speakers have different levels of aesthetic appeal. It’s always good to make sure that the speakers are appealing to your eyes.
Portable wireless speakers have become very popular in recent times mainly because of the flexibility they offer. Their sound quality has improved due to improvements in technology. There is a wide variety of portable wireless speakers in the market, all with different features. You are always advised to check that the speaker’s features will achieve what you expect from them.